9h12: It’s incredible, I can’t believe it…. This mountain is magnificent and also very spectacular! I can’ t make any mistake… Let’s stay focused!
11h24: I take a break to take some more notes… Anyway I am still overwhelmed by the atmosphere of this landscape…. But I confess that it almost makes me lose my means… Come on, I have to get there…
13H41: I am out of breath… My equipment becomes a real burden… I won’t give up though, I have to go on.
The day before, we walked for hours, in silence. I reached a turning point, as exhausted as I am, I feel so good. I didn’t have the strength nor the desire to write last night. The night at the shelter was … I can’t describe it with words, it’s time to make a choice … We have to leave. I have to let some things behind, that’s a price to pay to continue my journey. I know that, and I don’t mean “only” my bag. As I look at my companions, they smile at me, as if they were expecting it. Finally, this whole adventure will remain forever in my memories, other horizons await for me… Here are the last notes in this notebook… Whatever… it will always be there, long after I have gone!
“When you reach the top of the mountain, keep climbing!”
NOTE: WANGCHUK whispered this proverb to me just before I put my stuff down in the shelter… I’m following her and Karma to reach the end of this adventure… “
ULTIMATE TREK 12+1.
To play the Ultimate Trek 12+1, print the HD A4 Ascent card available for download here:
The Ultimate Trek 12+1 combines 3 Mountains in one: the bottom one with white/purple circles, the left one with green circles and the right one with blue circles.
You can play Ultimate Trek in Expedition mode (either in a multiplayer game or in Free Solo mode). Please note that the Expedition is undertook in one single go and not one after the other as usual.
The usual rules of Trek 12 apply plus the following additional constraints:
- It is mandatory to start from the bottom mountain, in one of the 4 lowest circles. Then, the usual rules ( writing a value in an adjacent circle) apply until the 3 mountains are completely filled.
- Each mountain has its own choices table to keep track of the chosen dice results. You have to fill in the circles on a mountain with the choices table corresponding to that mountain (for example, it is forbidden to write in a white mountain circle and checking in the blue mountain choices table). (help note: look at the arrows and the circle background color)
- Fixed Lines are the only authorised way to cross from one mountain to another (indicated with dashed junctions). It is therefore forbidden to cross from one mountain to another with a Zone.
- Shelter circles (with a green border) must be filled with a value of 7 or more.
- BONUS: the first player to connect a bottom circle (i.e. without using a compass) with a flag circle circles that flag. This will bring them a corresponding bonus at the end of the game. In case of a tie, both players score the bonus. In Free Solo, there is no need to indicate anything since both players score the bonus anyway. However, you should score it anyway in order to try to beat the ascent absolute record!
- The use of Assist cards is possible (but not required, we advise you to warm up with a simple game before!). Getting an Assistance Card is done in a different way:
- Setup: shuffle all the Assist cards and form a pile face down.
- Each time you create a new Zone with 0s, 1s or 2s, draw 3 Assist cards. Keep one and discard the other 2.
- When the pile is empty shuffle the cards already played and form a new one.
- You can use as many Assist Cards as you wish during the game but the limit of 3 Assist Cards in hand remains. At the end of the game, unused Assist cards in hand still bring a 3-point bonus!